Saturday, September 20, 2008

When You Don't Deliver

Can anyone tell me if Sam MacKinnon was wearing this outfit under his uniform when he was involved in a scuffle tonight?

Many fans will look at our game against the Adelaide 36ers last night and think blow out. Despite the final scoreline that read 108-82 in the 36ers favour, we/I had a chance to stamp a little authority on the game.

Half time saw it a two point ball game to the 36ers. Held scoreless in the first half I came out early in the third and got a cheap layup. I thought this was the "cheapie" that would get me going.

I always feel that a few easy baskets allow you to get into a groove rather quickly. With the game in the balance early in the third I was thinking a few back to back triples would arrest the momentum into our favour first time in the game.
Plan and simple I came up short. If I can remember the action properly I launched three three's in the next few trips down the court as I felt I would open the game up for the Crocs if they had of dropped.

As a game breaking type player I always feel I have a run in me at some stage of the game. The other night I came up short and disappointed is a mild way of putting what I was feeling after the game. These are the moments and game situations I live for. Being able to open up a game with some "daggers" is truly a great feeling.

Sure I left the Distinctive Homes Dome with my tail between the legs but the good thing is I get to practice for a few days before I get to right a wrong as we take on South Dragons on Thursday and Cairns Taipans in our home opener on Saturday.

Ah, to have a shooters mentality!

Tonight's NBL Results

Melbourne Tigers 92-76 Gold Coast Blaze recap
Wollongong Hawks 111-99 Sydney Spirit recap

Other Hoops News

- Tomorrow over in Perth, Brian Goorjian will coach his 700th game in the NBL. This is quite a remarkable achievement by anyone's standards. Congrats to Goorj on this milestone.

Here are a few articles related to the topic:

Goorj wished he had Grace. Goorj getting close to all-time coaching mark.

One more...contains some of his stats.

- Reform is on its way. Word is the NBL will be a revamped 10 team comp with franchises having to re-apply for a license. It seems that Queensland will have three franchises up for grabs. This will become interesting if Brisbane put their hand up as Gold Coast, Cairns and Townsville are currently part of the NBL.

I will be looking into this a little more over the next few days so I can make a honest and clear minded evaluation.

- Sydney Spirit imports need to shape up. Life as an import has just begun for Derrek Low.

- Aussie Andrew Bogut should be ready for Bucks Training Camp.

- Joe Ingles is like Bogut?

- This blog is a little old but I felt it was worth posting. It mentions how Pat Mills may catch up with Andrew Bogut as Australia's face of basketball.

- If you are like me and need to catch up on all things basketball in the USA, check out WorldHoopsBlog. This guy sleeps less than me.

- Former NBA player Doug Christie and his wife have a theory on how to ease the economic crisis happening in the USA.

- TheSportCount has its Roster Rater on the Golden State Warriors.

- GlocksOnHoops re-lives the Fab 5 via You Tube. I loved the Jalen Rose/Chris Webber interview.

- With the college hoops season just around the corner, here is a look at some transfers that will have an impact.

- Kenny Boyton Jr is a highly touted high school baller in the States. See how he handles the pressure of choosing the right school.

- What is former Temple Coach John Chaney up to? Rick Brunson is probably wishing he taught him to shoot a little better.

- NBA rookie Mike Beasley admits to having a hand in some dodgy behaviour. Costs him $50k.

- ESPN's Steve A Smith tackles the behaviour of the Mav's maverick Josh Howard. And Ron Artest weighs in as well.

- Gilbert Arenas tells us all about his knee injury, firsthand.

- 36ers fans will be happy to read this. Julius Hodge ready to make the New Jersey Nets as a point guard.

- A group of Adelaide 36er fans have launched a few You Tube videos over the past couple days. Below is their best for mine. An interview with 36ers owner Mal Hemmerling and Tigers boss Seamus McPeake. I'm waiting BOYS!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi JR, was at the game friday night,unlucky mate ,just one of those nights! What a frustrating game it can be. Even your old mate Mahersy faked you out of your shoes! Much respect JR ,good luck for rest of season,just not against the sixers!!

Anonymous said...

if i was mackinnon, i would be testing out my Superman skillz on your head after posting that pic. ahahahaha