Sunday, February 14, 2010

Old School Sunday - When Dunk Contests Were Good

Like many of you I sat through the 2010 NBA Dunk Contest in hope that eventually some energy would creep into the contest. I did not scoot to the edge of my couch one time in anticipation that something exciting would happen.

No doubt New York Knick Nate Robinson was the best dunker today, but there are only so many times I can see the little man from Seattle lob the ball and dunk it.

By the end of it all, Twitter kept me entertained as my group of ground bound friends made hilarious comment after hilarious comment after each dunk.

Here is some old footage of former dunk contests that brought some thunder and atmosphere to the arena.

Enjoy as the NBA Dunk Contest is dying a slow death, unless LeBron James, Dwight Howard and maybe Kobe Bryant answer the bell.

This one never gets old - Nique vs MJ



Vince Carter - 2000



Dee Brown - 1991

No comments: