I know that the NBL playoffs kick start tomorrow but there are plenty of people making comment about the two series that get underway so let me focus on bringing you up to speed on Aussies abroad.
- A player I have never dedicated ink to is Trian Iliadis of Old Dominion. The Perth local is in his second year with the Monarchs and follows in the footsteps of fellow Aussies Al Laughton and Sam Harris.
The guard was solid in his play (7pts, 3rebs, 2ast) today as ODU defeated Towson.
- Ben Louis of James Madison recorded 5rebs and 5ast in a loss to Lanard Copeland's alma mater Georgia State.
Louis has been described as a Glen Saville type to me.
- Brad Newley continues to shine in the Turkish league. This week Newley was solid with 10pts (4-6fgs), 6 boards and 2 assists.
Besiktas (Newley's team) is currently in third spot with a 13-6 record.
- Former Sydney Spirit forward Matt Knight has been going to work. This week his team, Soproni, coasted to an easy win. Knight went 4-4 from the floor for a total of 8 points and 4 rebounds to go with it all in just 16 minutes of action.
His squad sits in 6th lace at 10-8.
Remember Crocs import DuJuan Wiley? He is currently playing in Hungary and lead the league in block shots with 1.9/game.
- Aleks Maric reached double figures again with 13 points as his Partizan team remained in second place in the Adriatic League with a 15-5 record.
- Aron Baynes did not get to play in a blow out win for his Vilnius squad. I will endeavour to find out the reason for this.
- Matt Nielsen and his Valencia team lost a close one this week by 2 points. "Nitro" contributed 7pts and a solo rebound in the game.- Joe Ingles contributed 15pts, 3rebs and 3ast in Granada's three point win.
His team currently owns a 9-13 record.
- Nathan Jawai of the Minnesota Timberwolves did not score in his twelve and a half minutes on court today.
- Although the Houston Rockets suffered defeat at the hand of the Utah Jazz, Aussie David Andersen was impressive. Andersen went for 18, 7 and 3 in twenty four minutes of action. In his 18 points Andersen connected on three long range bombs.
- Nate MacMillan was generous enough to give Pat Mills a minute and forty five on court. Mills delivered a basket in two attempts in an easy Portland Trailblazer victory.
- Now this video footage has nothing to do with Aussies. College basketball analyst Greg Anthony names his current college Player of the Year. It is not John Wall of Kentucky, so who could it be?